Trainee - Human Resources
||Friday 31 March 2017
||Limited duration - 12 month appointment
This position has responsibility for providing a range of administrative and operational suppport functions to the Human Resources team.
Key responsibilities include:
• Attend to telephone, face to face, email and written inquiries.
• Prepare correspondence in relation to human resources issues.
• Provide clerical support to the Manager - Human Resources.
• Undertake filing and records management (TRIM).
• Assist in the provision of work experience, apprentice and trainee programs.
• Assist in the recruitment of staff including advertising, culling, formation of interview panels, pre-employment health assessments, letters of appointment and induction processes.
• Assist in the co-ordination of Councils annual training plan, including organising resultant training/courses/seminars etc.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the annual performance review program.
• Assist in the maintenance and review of position descriptions.
• Assist in the recording of minutes for Council’s WHS and Consultative Committees as required.
• Assist the Manager - Human Resources and WHS Officer in compliance with Council’s WHS programs.
• Assist with the implementation and monitoring of Workers Compensation and Return to Work programs.
• Assist in the review, development and implementation of human resources policies/procedures.
• Collate and prepare reports, briefs and submissions to Management as required.
• Maintain Council’s organisational chart.
• Carry out other duties that are within the limits of the employees skill, competence and training.
• Ability to undertake and successfully complete tertiary studies at Certificate III level in a business related discipline.
• Completion of Year 10/12 with above average results.
• Demonstrated skills in the use and application of the Microsoft suite of products.
• Current Driver’s Licence (Provisional Red or Green P’s acceptable).
• Current National Police History Check Report (or ability to readily acquire).
• Knowledge and understanding of role and responsibilities under the WHS Act 2011.
• Experience in an office environment.
• Local Government experience.
|Salary up to $654.00 per week subject to the demonstration of qualifications, skills and competencies. 9.5% superannuation. 9 day fortnight working arrangement.
|Contact the Acting Manager – Human Services – Peter Quinn on (02) 6778 6300
||Position Description ( KB)