Manager - McMaugh Gardens Aged Care/ Director of Nursing
||Monday, 13 March 2017
Council is seeking the services of an experienced professional to join the Community and Governance team based in Uralla.
McMaugh Gardens is a 36 bed aged care facility providing a range of services in an idyllic rural setting.
This position has responsibility for the facilitation of operational aspects of residential aged care for Uralla Shire Council whilst providing a range of high quality residential care services with positive outcomes for residents and families.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and mentoring in establishing and modelling the culture, mission, vision and values of McMaugh Gardens Aged Care Facility as part of the Community Culture Leadership team.
- Provide effective leadership and direction to ensure compliance with strategic and operational objectives.
- Develop and implement a framework of KPI’s to monitor and evaluate service provision.
- Ensure facility accreditation requirements are adhered to ensuring compliance at all times. • Monitor residential policies and procedures to ensure compliance with best practice and Aged Care Standards in the following areas:
- Management Systems.
- Resident Health and Personal care.
- Resident Lifestyle.
- Physical Environment and Safe Systems.
- Provide support and advice to staff on complex case management, service delivery issues and critical incident response.
- Develop and implement communication and marketing strategies to promote residential aged care services.
- Nurture and maintain strong partnerships with key agencies to improve and expand McMaugh Gardens and Council RACF Care services.
- Participate in strategic planning processes to ensure residential aged care key results areas are aligned with Council’s strategic direction.
- Develop the facility’s annual business plan to reflect Council’s strategic objectives.
- Provide regular briefings and monthly reports to Council/Executive Management on service provision, identifying improvements where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and management of the annual budget, monitoring income and expenditure to address any variances.
- Monitor changes to legislation, regulations and standards to ensure compliance.
- Develop and implement a system of continuous improvement within the context of Aged Care Standards ensuring it is reflected in all areas of service delivery.
- Liaise with staff, residents and relatives/family members on a regular basis on service provision and matters of relevance. • Ensure all WHS protocols and practices are adhered to in the workplace including currency of risk assessments, safe work method statements and safety data sheets.
- Co-ordinate and oversee internal and external contractual monitoring of visits and audits.
- Carry out other duties that are within the limits of the employee’s skill, competence and training.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in the management of an aged care facility or equivalent at a senior level.
- Demonstrated high level negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable acts, regulations in relation to the provision of aged care services.
- Demonstrated skills in the use and application of the Microsoft suite of products.
- Current Provide First Aid Certification or above or equivalent.
- Current National Police History Check Report (or ability to readily acquire at applicants expense).
- Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Knowledge and understanding of role and responsibilities under the WHS Act 2011.
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Current Hepatitis immunisation, e.g. Twinrix.
- Training in Automated External Defibrillation (22101VIC).
- Negotiable package up to $120,450 (inclusive of Superannuation) subject to the demonstration of qualifications, skills and competencies.
Further information and details and a Position Description is available on Council’s website www.uralla.nsw.gov.au or by contacting the Acting Manager - Community and Governance – Rechelle Leahy on (02) 6778 6300
Applications closing 5pm on Monday 13 March 2017, addressed to the General Manager, can be submitted by post to Uralla Shire Council, PO Box 106, Uralla NSW 2358 or by email to HR@uralla.nsw.gov.au Applications which do not address the selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description will not be considered.
||Advertisement (1218 KB), Position Description (77 KB)